A.T.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A.T.

A Team Fortress 2 AU Role-Play Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Alternative Teamwork!

Jeremy Phillips: Patient 362

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeremy Phillips

Jeremy Phillips

Jeremy Phillips: Patient 362 Empty
PostSubject: Jeremy Phillips: Patient 362   Jeremy Phillips: Patient 362 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 5:46 pm

Character Name: Jeremy Phillips

Appearance: His eyes, previously as bright as the sky he once ran under, have turned to a dreary grey-blue while his hopes for escaping this white-walled, sanitized hell were dashed to pieces. He once had warm, chesnut-colored hair, slightly bleached from spending so much time outdoors, but now it has darkened to a rather lackluster dark brown. He never really let his hair grow even before he was admitted, but now it has been cut close to a military style to help him remain cleaner during his stay at the hospital. Out in public, Jeremy is usually caught wearing a simple outfit of jeans and a T-shirt, but in the hospital, he is confined to wearing those ass-bearing hospital gowns. He absolutely hates wearing hospital clothes, so he frequently tries to sneak out.

Staff or Patient: Patient

If Patient, what is your derangement? Why are you here?: Antikinetophobia

Sexuality: He thought he was as straight as an arrow for much of his life, but of course high school was a bit of an eye-opening experience for him. He had girlfriends throughout his Freshman to the beginning of his Senior year, but none of the girls he dated ever fully clicked with him. During his last semester as a high school student, he was just in the beginnings of realizing his attraction to males, but he still persistently denies that he is nothing but straight to this day.

Personality: When the doctors aren't around, Jeremy is able to act as his usual, overly-cocky self without worry. Even though he doesn't particularly care for the crowd he's forced to be around nowadays, he still thrives off of daily human contact which helps keep his morale up. He's far from being any kind of strategist, but he was raised with an abundance of street smarts thanks to his old neighborhood. He may not act like it at times, but he is very intuitive when it comes to his own safety in his surroundings.

His biggest flaw would be his antikinetophobia--a deeply rooted fear of not being able to move. When Jeremy was young, only 9 years of age at the time, he was kidnapped while his mother had her back turned from him and was thrown into the back seat of the kidnapper's car. The man's accomplice didn't want to deal with the screaming and struggling child, so Jeremy was tightly bound, gagged, and blindfolded as the two men drove him away. For two days he was stuck with these men before the police finally found him battered, and worse for wear in more ways than one. He had seen a therapist for a few years after to treat his PTSD, and he was deemed to be cured until years later when Jeremy was 18.

It happened during a rather messy break-up with his younger high school girlfriend. His nerves were already badly frayed because this girl was becoming jealous and possessive near to the point of abusiveness, and before things could get any worse, since he was supposed to be moving out of state for college, Jeremy tried breaking things off as painlessly (for him) as he could. Of course, she didn't take well to being "abandoned" as she put it, and she tried to grab Jeremy and physically pull him back to her. Jeremy didn't mean to, but in his moment of panic, he had struck the girl hard enough to knock her out, also resulting in a concussion from her head hitting the concrete. The girl and her parents pressed charges of course and that is what landed him in house arrest as well as the psych ward.

Since coming to Caring Hands Psychiatric Hospital, he has developed an extreme hate for the doctors here. Whenever he sees one (especially a certain French one), he becomes edgy and more likely to snap at anyone that gets too near to him. Even if a doctor's attention isn't directed at him, he will act very much like a cat being cornered by an enemy. In these instances, he will always be found moving about the room as if trying to find an escape route if he can't get away. He can sit still after a lot of coaxing during an examination, but he will start panicking if at any point he is grabbed or held down in order to be kept still.

Anything else you want to add: My personality section ended up being a combination of personality AND character background because originally, the latter section wasn't part of the profile template when I made mine. I hope that's okay, because I really don't want to have to edit stuff out to separate the two. ;w;

Last edited by Jeremy Phillips on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

Jeremy Phillips: Patient 362 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremy Phillips: Patient 362   Jeremy Phillips: Patient 362 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 4:36 am

Hun, I'm stupid, and forgot to put Background sections on the apps. ;A; I just went and changed it.... These will go after the Personality section.

Background:

Anything else you want to add:
Back to top Go down
https://alternativeteamwork.rpg-board.net

Jeremy Phillips: Patient 362
Page 1 of 1