A.T.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A.T.

A Team Fortress 2 AU Role-Play Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Alternative Teamwork!

A flower and a rifle, please

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Samuel Roberts
Admin
Samuel Roberts

A flower and a rifle, please Empty
PostSubject: A flower and a rifle, please   A flower and a rifle, please I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:50 am

Walking down the road, the man known as the Wombat looked at a small slip of paper in his hand. It contained the name of a flower shop, that was a front for a speak-easy and weapons trading, it also had the name of the street written on it too.
Walking along the aforementioned street, the tall brunette looked up and down the street; there were a few flower shops along it. The Wombat had to admit, it was clever to hide the place in such an open and bright place. It didn’t take long for him to find a shop that matched the name on the paper.

Sam walked quietly into the flower shop and looked around, taking in and assessing the shop and its contents. There were quite a few bright and cheery flowers, and if he was more interest in them he’d know the names of some of them. However, as he wasn’t all he knew was there were things that were flowers that were roses, and flowers that weren’t roses. He looked at some cheery looking carnations, and leant in to smell them, though to be honest he was not sure why he did.

He was aware that there was a young faced boy standing at the counter. No doubt the boy watching him carefully, Sam was a tall silent man in a three piece navy suit in a flower shop looking like he had no agenda. Things like that were always slightly suspicious.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Phillips

Jeremy Phillips

PostSubject: Re: A flower and a rifle, please   A flower and a rifle, please I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:47 am

The monotonous business hours of the morning took an eternity and a year to pass by for the lone look-out at the counter. On the busiest of days, Jeremy would be constantly at rapt attention, all the while balancing that careful, care-free demeanor that gave away nothing of the shadier business dealings taking place beneath his feet. The rush of danger, the thrill of the deception he put forth for the shop's sake, both of which were things the young man thrived on and had come to cherish dearly in such a business.

Today, however, was one of those off days where not even a handful of the more interesting regulars floated through the double wooden doors. The lack of any kind of action or excitement was taking a major toll on Jeremy’s attention span as he went around putting cut flowers in water, organizing boxes behind the counter, doing anything to keep his hands busy and away from his throwing knives that he’d rather be playing with instead.

When the jingle of the bells above the door alerted him, Jeremy was quick to snap back to attention, and was even faster to notice that Sam didn’t seem like your typical strapping young man out to buy a pretty carnation to please a lady-friend. The man was clean and well dressed, that much was obvious, but there was a much more professional air about the man than a regular businessman would have if he’d come in with flowers on his mind to please a wife, perhaps.

Straightening up his posture and leaning his weight on his elbows on the counter, Jeremy flashed the other man a friendly smile while he eyed the other carefully as he bent down to smell the flowers. “Can I help you with anythin’ today, sir?” Energetic and polite with an eagerness to please. Jeremy knew exactly how to play off as the hard-working shopkeep, and he’d fooled a countless number of regular citizens, but most importantly, police officers with the act.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Roberts
Admin
Samuel Roberts

PostSubject: Re: A flower and a rifle, please   A flower and a rifle, please I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 11:26 pm

Standing up, Sam turned to finally regard the kid at the desk. He had to admit the younger man had a very striking face, and amazingly blue eyes. He’s eyes slowly took in what he could see of him that wasn’t obstructed from the counter. He seemed like a quick runner and had a keen intelligence behind his eyes. Though he wasn’t entirely sure how wise it was for someone so young to be working on top of seedy world.

“Gotta a package waiting for me. What are these?”

Samuel looked back at the flowers again, while he generally had no time for flowers, he enjoyed the smell of these flowers and there was something about them he liked.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Phillips

Jeremy Phillips

PostSubject: Re: A flower and a rifle, please   A flower and a rifle, please I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 12:34 am

Jeremy could tell he was being evaluated by the man standing in front of him, but he was damn confident that no one was able to guess just how much about the darker side of the business world he knew. Again, his proficiency with deception was something he prided himself on about as much as his father took pride in his own skills.

Stepping out from behind the counter, he homed in on his customer and reached out to pick one of the light red carnations from the bunch, holding the flower delicately by the stem in one hand. "Carnations, sir. A really nice choice if you're planning on buying some for a nice lady-friend, if you pick the right color that is." Jeremy smiled and put the flower back in its place before addressing the other issue at hand. "Do you have a confirmation notice on you? I can't release any orders to a customer without it." Or in other words, Jeremy needed to know who he was dealing with and where he needed to direct him.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Roberts
Admin
Samuel Roberts

PostSubject: Re: A flower and a rifle, please   A flower and a rifle, please I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 12:57 am

Watching the boy, Sam couldn’t help but find his actions refined. Still watching the boy being unable to look away for a reason he felt he probably shouldn’t entertain, he gave a slight shake of the head.

“No, no lady friend. Just find them interestin’. And as f’that confirmation order”

He slid his hand into his jacket and pulled a pocket book out of his breast pocket flipping through the pages for a moment.

“I didn’t bring the receipt, I’ve got the order number. #4567, I’m the one who ordered the salmon-coloured flowers. Sound familiar?”

All that was written on that page of the note book was the word salmon. He knew it would help remind him of the phrased password. Preferring not to have the full password on him in case he found himself in the company of the police or others potentially worse.

He gave a slight charming grin to the boy, to show he had no ill will. Then without a reason, Samuel curled a finger around the carnation the flower boy had and pulled it towards him so he could an interested look and a smell.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Phillips

Jeremy Phillips

PostSubject: Re: A flower and a rifle, please   A flower and a rifle, please I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 1:59 am

Jeremy hummed and nodded at the information he was given. Going by the number, he recognized the order as the one for the new sniper rifle that'd arrived just the other day. Yep, he knew this guy was an assassin the second the man walked through the door. "Ah, yeah I remember you now! Was a pretty big order, so you'll have to come in back with me. Check to make sure everythin' is alright with it for you, y'know?"

The friendly grin on his face wavered slightly as he quirked his brow curiously at the other's smile and the way he held the flower still in his hand. That kind of expression was something a guy usually only does when he's trying to... Either way, the words Jeremy needed to hear had been said, so he tucked the flower back in with the bunch after Sam released it before gesturing for the man to follow him to the 'employees only' room behind the counter. "Right this way, sir."

After the door to the shop floor closed behind them, Jeremy led Sam down the trapdoor of the room to the speakeasy hidden below. The day had been quiet, so Pat had gone out to take care of a few things and left Jeremy to man the shop himself. The bar was empty and still save for the two men climbing down the stairs, and Jeremy lead Sam passed all that to one of the empty private rooms where the weapon dealings took place.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Roberts
Admin
Samuel Roberts

PostSubject: Re: A flower and a rifle, please   A flower and a rifle, please I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:12 am

Sam kept his smile as the boy lead him back into the speak-easy. He looked around taking it all in; the place had a definite charm to it even though it was smaller and less opulent then any that his masters Belucci owned.
Half the reason he had come to this cosy little place was because while he could get any kind of weapons from the Belucci family. He was told that this place could obtain weapons, not only that but could add custom modifications. This was a good thing, considering how picky Sam was about his weapons.

“There wasn’t any problems with obtaining it? Or with any of my customs? I went t’a lotta trouble getting’ th’money t’gether for this”

Despite being rather stiff and seemingly no nonsense, Samuel was actually quite an easy guy to get along with; however he was legitimately no nonsense when it came to his arsenal.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Phillips

Jeremy Phillips

PostSubject: Re: A flower and a rifle, please   A flower and a rifle, please I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:38 am

Jeremy laughed lightly as he stepped into the tiny room, empty save for a couple chairs and a small table, on which a long wooden box rested innocently on its surface. He patted the top of the package lightly as he stood by motioning for the other man to join him. "It took a while to find everything, but Uncle made damn sure to follow your specifications to the letter."

Taking one of the seats himself, Jeremy popped the two latches holding the top of the box closed and lifted the brand spanking new sniper rifle from its packaging and handed it carefully to its new handler. "I've been working here for a long time now, and I gotta say, that's one beauty of a gun you got there."
Back to top Go down
Samuel Roberts
Admin
Samuel Roberts

PostSubject: Re: A flower and a rifle, please   A flower and a rifle, please I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 3:14 am

Samuel looked at the rifle for the a long time while it was held by the young man

“Yeah, she looks it. But y’can look beautiful, but be as useful as a bee’s dick in an orgy”

Taking the rifle in such a gentle manner that didn’t fit a man of his profession.

“Lighter than I expected, but sturdy…”

Slipping his finger against the trigger, steading the barrel with his right hand, Samuel peered through the scope. Sam continued to look over the gun with a very critical eye, speaking to himself praising the weapon though anything he had to say bad about it was just simple things to adjust his self. He then pushed the lid of the wooden case down then started professionaly taking it a part and promptly put it back together again. He gave a short nod then smiled.

“She is a true beauty alright. So I’ll be more than happy t’pay y’the remainer I owe”
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Phillips

Jeremy Phillips

PostSubject: Re: A flower and a rifle, please   A flower and a rifle, please I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:33 am

The vulgar comparison coming from a man dressed in a fancy suit like Sam's brought up a decent laugh from the teen as he sat back into the chair. "You sure got a way with words, don't'cha?" Amusement was clear in Jeremy's voice as he let the other continue on with his inspection.

Sitting with one arm slung over the back of the seat and the other resting on the table, he watched the other with particular interest as those large hands worked smoothly and with surprising delicacy with each part of the gun. From that, he could tell the other was definitely the experienced professional he came off as. And though he might've been reluctant to admit it, he could surely appreciate that about a man.

When Sam's words were directed at him again, Jeremy stood up and held his hands out for the gun to put the weapon back in its protective case and put away in the box so it wouldn't attract unwanted attention as the man left. "Good to hear. I'll be tellin' Uncle that we've got a new regular then, huh?" he flashed the other a charming grin as he packed the gun away.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Roberts
Admin
Samuel Roberts

PostSubject: Re: A flower and a rifle, please   A flower and a rifle, please I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:57 am

“That Patrick fella’s y’uncle?”

Sam looked the boy up and down.

“Y’look nothin’ alike….”

He watched as he put the weapon back in its case and looked him over again. Still vaguely caught up on his age.

“Aren’t’cah a little young t’be workin’ in … An establishment like this?”

He stood back a little and took an envelope out of his coat pocket and started to count the bills inside it, glancing at the other repeatedly as he did.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Phillips

Jeremy Phillips

PostSubject: Re: A flower and a rifle, please   A flower and a rifle, please I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:36 am

Jeremy grinned and nodded his head in response.

"That's cuz we're not related. Not by blood anyway."

Jeremy didn't think much else needed to be said about how he'd ended up working for Patrick in the first place, especially since he didn't want to make the man seem soft for basically taking in an orphaned street rat. He did offer up a somewhat mirthless laugh when the subject of age came up.

"If I had a penny for every time I've heard that question, I'd be giving Uncle a run for his money right about now."

Last edited by Jeremy Phillips on Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Samuel Roberts
Admin
Samuel Roberts

PostSubject: Re: A flower and a rifle, please   A flower and a rifle, please I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:21 am

Sam gave a slight chuckle at the younger man’s reaction.

“Couldn’t be helped, mate. If y’old enough, y’old enough. But with a face as nice as y’ve got… Can’t say I’m surprised everyone thinks it”

Sam gave him a slight grin, he was starting to find the kid endearing. While he had never been mistaken for being too young, he did have to deal with some people thinking he was mute, for Samuel only spoke if you were worth his time or requesting something.

And seeing as the transaction between them was over, the Australian ex-patriot clearly felt that this person was worth his time.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Phillips

Jeremy Phillips

PostSubject: Re: A flower and a rifle, please   A flower and a rifle, please I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Jeremy's grin took on a hint of coyness at the compliment as he lightly patted the top of the gun's box and pushed it across the table closer to Sam. "Gotta have a nice face to keep the old ladies and the cops upstairs thinkin' we're only selling flowers here. Been here long enough to know that."

If anything, ever since he first appeared as a shop employee at the tender age of twelve, Jeremy knew that he was basically the friendly face of Pat's 'flower shop' that everyone in the surrounding stores knew, and that was partially why he'd managed to stay out of trouble for so long. Everyone trusted him as the sweet little flower boy, and there was no greater cover for a speakeasy slash weapons dealership than having every person who had ever walked into the store on his side.

"Got the rest of the payment in there?" he questioned, motioning with his chin at the envelope still in the other's hand.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Roberts
Admin
Samuel Roberts

PostSubject: Re: A flower and a rifle, please   A flower and a rifle, please I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:31 am

Samuel smirked.

“Nah, just the lost city of gold. ‘Course th’money’s in there”

It wasn’t very often the man would be sarcastic. But at moments like that he found he couldn’t help himself, not even to the belucci head himself. And to be honest, he had felt a need for the boy to be amused by him. Something about him made Samuel want to keep his attention.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Phillips

Jeremy Phillips

PostSubject: Re: A flower and a rifle, please   A flower and a rifle, please I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:00 am

A slightly bemused smirk touched at the corners of the young man's mouth as he reached out to pluck the envelope from the other's hands. "Gimme the lost city of gold, and I'd get'cha all the rifles with all the customs you want, pally." With a small grin, he quickly totaled the bills before replacing them and tucking the enevelope into his pocket to put away later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A flower and a rifle, please   A flower and a rifle, please I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A flower and a rifle, please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A.T. :: Anachronistic and Forgotten :: Prohibition Era :: Everywhere Else-
Jump to: