A.T.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A.T.

A Team Fortress 2 AU Role-Play Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Alternative Teamwork!

Role-Play Etiquette (Please Read)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rémy Artois
Admin
Rémy Artois

Role-Play Etiquette (Please Read) Empty
PostSubject: Role-Play Etiquette (Please Read)   Role-Play Etiquette (Please Read) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:50 am

Bonjour, chickadees.

As a forum we get along well, but lately I have been getting a couple of unhappy faces and people feeling a little put off about things within the forum and the chat. Most of us have Role-play experience, yes, but occasionally we clash on the finer details. To be sure we are all getting along well, I wrote up the basic guidelines that came to mind for you peruse at your leisure. Please keep them in mind and feel free to drop me, Jeremy or Joey a line if you do not understand or if you take issue with anything below.

1.Don't stick to one verse. Yes, it is lovely to have a nice running plot in one verse, but there are several other verses to play in with several different chances for a lovely RP. Using the same verses over and over becomes old.

2. Don't stick to one pairing. HeavyMedic might be your OTP, but look at Demoman. Maybe Demoman wants some of that sweet German ass. Try to mix things up and share yourself around. On top of this, if your character has a past with another character, clarify it in their background.

3. Discuss plots with those involved.Occasionally, people log off. When they do, it is important to inform them of anything you might have done to the plot that will have impact on them upon their return. Nobody likes being written out of their own story. That being said, don't just plot in PM with one other person, expand and include people.

4. Emotions are hard to read over the internet, but please, try not to be obnoxious. Sometimes, jokes stop being funny and become annoying. If you are taking jokes too far with people they may become uncomfortable. Try to be observant and stop if another user seems displeased. Especially when they ask you.

5. While the box is handy for rapid role-play, the forum is where dense role-plays should be taken. Especially ones with a lot of character and plot development. You cannot be in this game and just use the box, it does not work that way.
6. As such, if you are forum inactive for longer than a month without posting in the inactivity thread, the mods or admin will be making an inquiry. The same goes for the chatbox, but it is limited to two weeks.

7. Remember, your characters are NOT kawaii moe cuddle machines who think scouts are silly and want to hug all the Snipers. They are KILLERS, violent mercenaries. Please try to characterise them as such.

8. When you are out of brackets you are IN CHARACTER. In character is not simply wandering up to a member of the opposite team and cuddling them.

9. If two or more people are playing you must ask before you join them. Sometimes they are trying to plot something out together. Do not just write yourself into someone's game, especially if you are not matching the tone of their game.

10. If there are other people using the box while you and another player want to RP, make sure to ask them before starting your game. Especially if it is going to be lengthy.
Occasionally, you may bump your RP into single brackets (Like so) and the OOC will go into double brackets ((It's easy)).

11. Do not God Mod. You are not “Suddenly standing in Spy's room” you did not “Easily knock Scout over” and you do not just take things out of a player's hands or push them aside. Also, your characters are working with a limited knowledge of the characters they mingle with. For Spies in particular, this is especially important. It is understandable that they may be aware of a few skeletons in their teammates/enemies' closets, but absolutely do not forget to discuss how much you are allowed to know with the other muns of those characters.

12. When people are rping in the chat, please keep ooc chatting from spamming up the whole box so that the ones playing don't have to scroll up for eternity to find the last post.

13. Use correct punctuation, spelling and grammar in the chat. Exceptions can be made for spelling, but do NOT pick on another player's spelling unless your own is FLAWLESS. Polite corrections are acceptable, of course.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Roberts
Admin
Samuel Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Etiquette (Please Read)   Role-Play Etiquette (Please Read) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:13 pm

Just a post to say I've read our rules and I'm all for following them!
Back to top Go down
Pat Erikson

Pat Erikson

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Etiquette (Please Read)   Role-Play Etiquette (Please Read) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:26 pm

Read and noted. Apologies for any past offenses I've committed, I'll keep these rules in mind in the future!
Back to top Go down
Rémy Artois
Admin
Rémy Artois

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Etiquette (Please Read)   Role-Play Etiquette (Please Read) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:25 pm

I'm pretty sure we've all done at least one or two of these at one point. No need to feel guilty.
Back to top Go down
Blaise Vincent

Blaise Vincent

Location : under the bed, on top of the bookshelf, behind the couch, on the fridge, in your sock drawer...

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Etiquette (Please Read)   Role-Play Etiquette (Please Read) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 6:07 pm

aye aye cap-i-tan!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Role-Play Etiquette (Please Read)   Role-Play Etiquette (Please Read) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Role-Play Etiquette (Please Read)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A.T. :: General Information :: Rules and F.A.Q-
Jump to: